Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Blogging 101

For almost 2 weeks I've been learning about blogging. I went to About.com and got their About U. course in weblogs. It's really helped me understand enough to set mine up before I even finished the course. I highly recommend them. I'll be getting their web design lessons once I complete the blogging ones. Since they email them to you, I could just get them and hold them till I'm ready, but I'd rather finish one course at a time. I won't feel so backed up. The thing about them is that they have so many links in each lesson it can get a little confusing. That's not necessarily a bad thing, you've just got to know when to stop surfing. I just bookmarked a lot of them for later.

Right now, I've just been looking through the other Blogger blogs. I'm not really trying to read them right now, I just want to see how they're set up, and what kinds of add-ons people have. If any sites interest me, I bookmark them. I've already picked up a couple things. So far, so good.

I already figured out how to get add-ons in the sidebar—that was a major accomplishment for my first day on Blogger. I have a PayPal button up now, and will be looking for others. Using Sitebuilder actually helped me understand the whole HTML thing better, and not be intimidated by it. Despite the predone template thing, I like being able to customize my text as much as possible, so I learned enough HTML to do what I want. I want to do the same with Blogger. In addition to the sidebar thing, I've already started using code to add bolds and italics to the text. Next, I want to start adding images. That's when the fun will really begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home