Friday, May 26, 2006

Hangin' with blip

I've got a little over an hour left before quittin' time, and I figured I'd give an update. Last night I got to meet some NYC videobloggers at a get-together the blip.tv crew were having. Since Ryanne & Jay left for San Francisco in March there really haven't been regular vlogger meetups (at least none that I know of), so it's been awhile since I've seen some folk. Yesterday, Jonny Goldstein stopped by MNN so that was a pleasant surprise. Turns out, he produces a show here.

I really enjoyed myself, despite being reprimanded by a bouncer at the door for wearing sneakers (turns out I wasn't the only one wearing them), and the $9 Heinekin (which they insisted had to be in a glass).

It was cool meeting Mike from blip.tv, Clark from ZipZapZop, and Monika from Becoming A Nurse. It was also great seeing Peter from Mefeedia and his lady, Maria, again, as well as Charles (thanks for the invite) and Dina from blip.tv. Thankfully, I didn't have to come in till 12 today, or I'd never have been able to hang as late as I did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you again too Melanie :) Peter

11:39 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hey Peter,
What a pleasant surprise! Thanks for stopping by. How'd you find me over here anyway? I usually keep a pretty low profile with this blog.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Modigliani said...

I swear, I'm getting closer to posting a vlog entry. I swear!

I've actually been playing with iMovie and iDVD. So, I'm really actually getting my feet wet. :)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Good news, Mo! That's just how it starts. Once you get your first video up, you'll be just as hooked as the rest of us. LOL

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home