Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Reflections On A Blog

I just posted to my New Word blog after almost 2 years. It felt really good to do. It somehow made me feel like I've found a piece of myself that I'd let go of (but then that's been happening a lot these days).

I've been on leave from my job since the end of December recuperating from surgery, so I've had lots of time to think and reflect on what it all means to me. I still have a few weeks left so I decided to revisit some of the things I put aside once I started working full time. The easiest thing to look at was the blogs—not just mine, but others' as well.

My old blog bud, Modigli, is posting again. She'd shut down her blog for a few months, but decided to bring it back, which I'm real happy about. I always enjoyed reading her stuff.

I didn't realize how much I missed all this until I started reading through New Word. I guess you need to get away from something for a while to have a real appreciation for it. I read that thing all the way from the first post to the last and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I actually look forward to going back and digging through the links in some of the posts. (Who knew you could learn from your own stuff?!)

I guess I'll have to go back and read through this one as well. Maybe I'll even start posting more. Hey why not? I've got nothing but time (at least for the next 3 weeks).

1 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

Hey Mel ... THanks for the shout out here, and for coming by and catching up on my blog. Funny how it's easy to pick it right back up. And scary, actually, at how fast time flies.

I didn't know you had surgery. I hope you are doing well and recuperating and taking care of yourself.

I'll come back and continue to stay in touch. :)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home