Wednesday, April 06, 2005

For the Love of Randy

I got some really great feedback from Randy yesterday about the changes to the Thurs.Night site. I added some Poetry Month links and a poem by Langston Hughes. I also added a poem of my own called, "Just Write." Before I republished the site I performed some minor surgery on it which really tightened it up. I hadn't looked at it, or any of my other stuff, for quite a while. Getting away from it added some much needed perspective to it. I have to admit, it really wasn't bad work for a beginner.

She signed my guestbook and this is what she said, "Bravo Melanie, I heard your voice strong and true in your poem. Follow that voice and I'm sure it will lead you in the direction you want to go." Is that great or what?! She said she heard my voice. That's been my whole purpose for journaling and starting this blog—to find my voice (and use it). The fact that she used those words lets me know that I'm on the right track. I've been silent for so long. I'm just thankful to the Creator for helping me to finally open up.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)
AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home