Saturday, April 16, 2005

Back Again

It's been a few days since my last entry. I've been doing a lot of research for New Word. I've been adding links and setting up different add-ons like counters, etc., and editing old posts. I've also added a couple of things here as well. That stuff takes a lot longer than you'd think; all the back and forth between different sites, checking and rechecking until it's right. I spend a lot of time in the Help section.

Since I'm still new to blogging and web design, I spend a lot of time just learning how to do things, like using HTML to make changes to the templates. Doing HTML coding is a pain in the ass, but it's good to be able to get things exactly the way I want them; it really appeals to my anal side.

The whole literary thing is pretty fascinating also. I'm learning a lot about books and writers, and who I'd like to feature in New Word. I'm particularly interested in books that have been made into movies, poetry, and African-American literature (each one could be a blog unto itself).

It's so amazing how the internet can carry you from one thing to the next once you start digging around. You really get lost in it; I have to force myself to leave the computer sometimes, the hours just roll by. I do need to get out and take a walk or something. (See previous post, "Blogging: The New Crack?")

It's all worth it to see how things are coming together. Once I get the look and formatting down I should be posting a lot more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home