Friday, April 08, 2005

Just Another Day

(This is the reconstruction. Not too bad if I say so myself.)

I almost didn't think I'd be able to post anything today. I've been out getting my hair done, and picking up my 2 year old goddaughter, Shakira, from daycare, and I'm kind of tired. (It's days like this I wish I drove.)

The hair thing is always draining, just because it takes so long (4 hrs. + 2-1/2 hrs. travel time = 6 hrs. total), but it was a pleasant experience. I hadn't had anyone do my hair since I first locked it over 6 years ago, but I'm tired of doing it myself, and was ready for a change. So when my sister offered to treat me, I didn't say no.

Picking up the baby was another story. I only did it because her mother asked me to, but the kid gave me such a hard time. All the kicking and screaming; we could hardly get her in the stroller. (Did I say she was 2?) The daycare is only a block and a half away, but it seemed more like 10 it took so long. It was a little embarrassing. The way she was crying and trying to wriggle herself out of the stroller, I didn't want anyone to think I was hurting her or something.

Once we did get home, she eventually calmed down, and her mother came home soon thereafter. All's well that ends well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home