Saturday, April 23, 2005

Catching Up

It's after one in the morning and I've decided to post something. I can't believe it's almost been a week since my last post on Monday; time just goes by too fast sometimes. I guess the novelty of this blogging is starting to wear off, or it could be that I've been much busier this week.

I got called to work on Wednesday, which was good; it's been a while. I was glad to wear my "power suit" again. I learned how to use one of those new DVD cameras for the gig. They basically work like a regular video camera, but are much more delicate. They really are more like computers in that you have to wait for them to read or write to the disk for everything. It slows things down, but the whole tapeless thing is kinda cool. I also got to use the DVD player. I never actually operated one, though I've seen them in the stores. That's definitely on my to-get list.

As much as I love technology, I tend to lag a bit behind, always playing catch-up (mostly for financial reasons). I eventually do, then life is good again. The thing with me is that whatever I get I keep till it stops working or becomes so outmoded that it's not compatible with anything. I'm not one of those gearheads that have to have everything the minute it comes out, then get rid of it the minute the next thing hits the shelves. I like getting to know my equipment enough to not have to think about it. As long as it serves my purposes, it's all good.

My sister's the same way. She's got some dinosaurs like a VCR, a fax machine, and a laser printer from at least 10 years ago that she claims still work. I don't doubt it. We both take very good care of our stuff, so it'll last as long as it can. The problem is that these days equipment isn't made to last, no matter what you do. It's all disposable now. They sell the printers for cheap and you pay a fortune for the ink. It's insane!

It's 1:30 now, and I'm still writing. I don't know why; it's not like I really have anything important to say. I'll just sign off. Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home