Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm A Friendster, She's A Friendster …

I signed onto Friendster today. I've heard of it, but since I wasn't really into web chatting or dating, I didn't really care enough to look into it. I actually signed onto Match.com last year, but was too chicken to fill out the profile and bailed. It's only since I've been blogging that I'm even remotely interested in any kind of interpersonal communication online beyond email and IM (which I haven't done in years). I'm pretty sketchy with my Blogger profile as well, which works for me right now.

Speaking of email, I received one from a new friend, Sumi, that I met at God's Love last week. She submitted a poem for the Thurs.Night site, and asked if I was on Friendster. She said that we could be "friendsters" if I signed up. So I checked it out. First off, I loved the design. The look and feel reminded me a lot of Blogger, especially the profile section (I had to check to see whether Google owned it too). You can even set up a blog on it. Unfortunately, the free version has ads on it, and I don't really need another personal blog, so I won't be taking advantage of that.

Sumi and I are now "friendsters" and I even found Will, another Thursday-Nighter, on there. And I actually started filling out my profile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

hey, that's cool. I signed up for friendster ages ago. I should go dust off that old account and get it revved up again!

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Been reading through other people's blogs and came across yours. We have a lot of things in common. I'm also scorpio..loner..very shy as kid..plenty to say on blog..quiet in person in crowds..LOVE Firefox..addicted to blogging..will sit for hours in front of pc..love to write..just started writing poetry. If you don't mind I'd like to put a link to your blog on mine. Have a look-see at mine and if you like it, feel free to link mine. Let me know either by posting it's alright or leaving comment on mine. I would like to be cyberfriends..

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home