Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Anybody Out There?!

I was going through some old posts at Ryanne Hodson's site and came across one that stirred quite a discussion in the comments section. In this particular post, entitled No Answers, Ryanne candidly shared her views on religion and the concept of a supreme being. Most of the commenters, through both text and video, basically expounded on her points. One vlogger, a confessed Christian, took an opposing view, but was more moderate in his beliefs, even sounding apologetic for some things Christians say and do at times.

Although raised as a strict Christian, I've been re-evaluating my beliefs for quite a while, and have been exploring different spiritual concepts and practices. I do believe in a force that is the ultimate source of it all, and whether people choose to refer to this entity as God, Allah, Infinite Intelligence, The Great Creator, The Infinite Universe, Shiva/Shakti, the Neteru, or whatever, I believe it does exist and that we, and everything that is, derives from it, is one with it, and will eventually return to it. 'Nuf said. Check out the post and the responses and see what you think. If you feel like it, shoot me a comment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

I'm intrigued with this vlogging thing...
And I know you've got quite the handle on it. Very cool.

I listened to about half that vlog. And I'll say that I was raised Catholic, but also have had major issues with the religion also. There is so much hypocrisy.

I think that all religions overlap in some key concepts. I like THOSE concepts, and stay away from the organized portion of it. It seems Religions have been the cause for much war and suffering, in my opinion.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I definitely agree that the basic precepts of religions are the same. It's just a shame that they put so much emphasis on the differences, and condemn anyone who dares to disagree with them.

In the immortal words of Rodney King:
"Can't we all just get along?"

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home