Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sweetness Is My Weakness

I'm sitting here stuffed to the gills with forbidden food. Actually, only the dessert was forbidden, but off limits nonetheless.

I'm away with my corporate gig again. We're at one of those conference centers, and this place has the best food. I knew coming here that I would only stick to the diet but so much. I'm just not strong enough yet to be in a room full of everything I love and not indulge.

Although I'm basically off dairy, I had an omelet made to order this morning (I did pass on the coffee and toast). I also had hashbrowns (they called them "breakfast potatoes." FANCY.) For lunch, I had a plate full of mixed greens salad and mahi mahi, which was yummy. Then for the dessert. First, there was the "cheesecake pie," which was a cheesecake in a pie shell with a chocolate covering. Couldn't resist that. The thing just called to me from across the room! (It was actually a toss-up between that and the chocolate mousse.) Then I had a slice of flan. I could have done without it, but I was curious (you just can't get good flan everywhere).

Even though I know I set myself back today, I feel only a modicum of guilt. I figure, I have the rest of my life to do the right thing. Life's just too short to suffer needlessly! I know as I go along I'll become more indifferent to sweets, but for now I'll just take it one dessert at a time.

I'll be here through tomorrow, so I'll be doing a little more damage before I go home. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

Oh there is NO WAY I can say no to Flan! ... Oh my!

Between this and the Creme Brulee, I would have been TOAST, too! I say don't be too hard on yourself.

:))

10:18 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Like I said in the post, my guilt here is minimal, although I am concerned about the setback.

Thanks always for your support, Ms.Mo.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home