Saturday, April 23, 2005

She's OK

Shakira had to be rushed to the hospital last night (or should I say this morning. It was around 2:30am). She had the strangest cough we ever heard, and had very labored breathing. Just the sound of it scared the hell out of us. It turned out to be croup, a condition I only vaguely heard of. It's an inflammation of the respiratory passages. My mother says it used to kill babies back in the day. Thankfully, that's not the case now. They simply gave her some oxygen, a prescription, and set her on her way.

She's still not 100%, but she's a whole lot better than when she left here last night. Thank God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

My youngest had croup over the winter, the first of my 5 kids to get it. As a "seasoned mom" nothing scares me, but that cough sent us running to the Dr too - it's a horrible noise to hear coming out of your child's body!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home