Monday, June 27, 2005

Maybe Next Year?

For the last two years, I marched with God's Love We Deliver in the Gay Pride parade. Even though it's a long walk, and a long wait before we can hook up with our float, it's always a lot of fun hanging out with my buds at God's Love. With all the people cheering us on from the sidelines, the music, and the wacky cast of costumed (and considerably less clothed) characters, I always have fun being "gay for a day."


A shot of the God's Love float from the 2004 Gay Pride parade.


Me and some of my Thursday night buds at the 2003 parade.


I missed the parade yesterday because I had a wedding to go to. For once I was an invited guest as opposed to being the videographer. (I did end up shooting video for this too, but unofficially.) I actually got to dress up for a change.

Although nice, the wedding wasn't too elaborate. They just had way too many kids running around. (There were 6 between the bride and groom alone!) They almost knocked me down while I was taping some of the dancing. I believe that certain events should be adults only. The best behaved kids can be hard to control sometimes, but if they're untrained to begin with it's sheer terror, especially when given an open dance floor to run around in and other kids to influence and encourage them.

Overall, it was a nice day, but I do hope to be marching again next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

hey ~ great pics!
I agree with you on the wedding stuff, too, BTW.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks Mo,

I have a lot more. I'll eventually get them up on the Thurs.Night website once I rebuild it. That's another whole story I'll be posting.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home