Thursday, September 08, 2005

Last Supper (okay…it was lunch)

We're getting ready to wrap up here and I just wanted to report about my last meal here at the Tarrytown House. Today was rather tame, actually. I didn't do breakfast in the dining room, instead choosing to eat my Chinese food leftovers from the other night. (FYI: Vegetables keep pretty well if you put them on ice. And the little coffee pot they have in the room makes a great little hot pot for reheating.)

Since I won't be here for dinner, lunch was indeed my last meal. They had a Southwest theme going, so it was paella, tacos, and chicken mole (all of which I passed on). Instead, I went for the salads. They had lots to choose from; I had the black bean and corn, and shrimp with cilantro, along with mixed greens. I also had succotash (I typically don't like okra, but I can deal with it in there).

Dessert, as usual, got me again. This time it was tiramisu, which I can never pass on. It's one of my favorite desserts, and I have to try it everywhere I go. It did not disappoint. Then there were these chocolate squares. I thought they may have been fudge, but they were ganache. Dark chocolate ganache. I could have eaten 10 of them, but I only had one. Not so bad.

Well, that's it for my food odyssey. Maybe my sweet tooth won't get the better of me next time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home