Sunday, September 25, 2005

Blogger For Hire

Met with the videobloggers again last night at the Apple Store. Just like last time, I got to hang out with them afterwards. We went to a different restaurant this time where I was "forced" to break my diet ever so slightly. (I had a tuna melt and a salad. The cheese being a definite no-no.) And, just like last time, I had a great time.

I got a chance to share my good news about what my buddy Allaix and I had been working on all day. We created a logo for a church to be used on blog site I'll be putting together. A minister he knows is building a church and will be needing a website. I've seen a lot of business/organizational sites that have blogs built into them, so we figured that would work very well in this case. Everyone was really psyched that I'd actually be paid to do this. I'm pretty excited myself. I'll be even more excited when I see the first check!

The reason I feel safe to share this is because I had the opportunity to meet the minister yesterday and see the church in its raw state. He's a very positive, forward-thinking man who's totally committed to what he's doing, and wants to reach as many people as possible with his message. Also, he and Allaix seem to have a mutual respect for each other.

The vloggers feel like I should be capturing the building process on video. I agree, but I figure, one thing at a time—I only just met the man. (Anxious bunch, those vloggers are.) I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to do that once we get things going. In the meantime, I've got my work cut out for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice meeting you at the SOHO vlog thing, Melanie. I'm digging studio635!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks Jonny. Nice meeting you too. And thanks for checking me out. I liked your blog too. (Excuse me, VLOG.)

1:50 AM  
Blogger Modigliani said...

sweeeet! ... You're really putting those skills to use, Mel! Will you share the link to that church blog on here, or no?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Once everything's up and running I'll definitely post about and put a link up. I'm sure the good Reverend won't mind at all.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home