Monday, October 10, 2005

Interview with…ME!

I got these interview questions from MoDigli's blog a while back. Since nothing new or different is happening right now I figured I'd answer them. It's kinda long, but I actually enjoyed it more than I thought.

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?
Sad to say, but I seriously doubt if anyone in my neighborhood even knows what a blog is. Therefore, I'm sure my anonymity is safe. That's why closing the digital divide is so important.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
Only insofar as cropping and general fixes like brightness/contrast/color. Nothing too artsy. I save that for other sites.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?
Never happens. Unless you call spammers creeps and dorks, which in that case I could do without.

4. Do you lie in your blog?
No. Although I do avoid anything too personal, and I have been known to backdate some posts. (Very seldom though.)

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?
No. I'm a journalist. Just the facts. No room for petty emotions.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?
No. Don't like to play silly games with my readers. I'm a journalist, remember.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?
No, I'm not in therapy, although at times I do think I should be. Maybe I could have online sessions, or send my shrink text messages. Would there still be a sliding scale? Would they accept PayPal?

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?
Never had a mean comment on this site. Got one on my Thurs.Night site from an outsider and killed it instantly. I do delete spam though. Thankfully, that hasn't been an issue since I turned word verification on.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?
Never heard that term before. Esplain, Lucy. (And it better not be nasty!)

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
Don't know. I'm basically the same on- and off-line, although the silly side doesn't really translate well on a blog.

11. Do you have a job?
Not in the traditional sense. (No further comment.)

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?
Hells yeah!

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?
I'd love to meet MoDigli, since she's my main reader and I love her blog so much. There are also a couple others I wouldn't mind meeting. I've already met some videobloggers. (Cool people.)

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?
None, sad to say. Ask me again in 6 months.

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
It depends on who I'm around. You always have to play broke with freeloaders and cheapskates. But then again, who's playing? I'm broker than a mofo!

16. Does your family read your blog?
My sister's looked at it, but she's not a regular reader. Otherwise, no one.

17. How old is your blog?
6 months and 6 days.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
No. And no. I wouldn't mind getting a few more though, maybe 10. Any more would be too time consuming. (I spend too much time as it is in the blogosphere.)

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
No, you nosey bastard!

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?
Not for writing, but just last week I sent Ryanne, my videoblogger friend, a small donation. She's inspired me so much that I just felt compelled. It's not a regular thing though.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?
What money? What taxes? (No further comment.)

22. Is blogging narcissistic?
No more than any other self-aggrandizing pursuit.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?
Kinda sorta. I hate letting down my public. (LOL!) Sometimes I just don't feel like writing. Thankfully, I found this interview to fill the gap until I have something important to say.

24. Do you like John Mayer?
I don't dislike him. The new song he did with Herbie Hancock is cute. Why do you ask?

25. Do you have enemies?
Not that I know of, but I do have some former friends.

26. Are you lonely?
At times. But I'm hardly alone in my loneliness, am I?

27. Why bother?
Because I've gotta do something with my life, or what's the point?

2 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

hey Mel! great answers. Loved it. You know, it was funny because I put my answer that I never have gotten any hatemail or mean comments, and then the very next day I got a nasty email about my blog! LOL! Very silly. I wondered if someone did it on purpose because of that comment.

Oh yea, someday we're gonna meet! :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I was actually afraid I wouldn't have any good answers. I pleasantly surprised myself. :-) Glad you enjoyed it.

Those memes are great in a pinch. I only like to go so long without posting something. Makes me feel somewhat negligent. Gotta find more.

So what did you do with the hateful email anyway?

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home