Sunday, October 23, 2005

NYC-TV Is On The Air!


Just finished posting the first episode of my videoblog, NYCreative. Between constructing the site and producing the video, it's taken me 2 weeks to get the thing going. So far, so good. Only one problem which I hope to solve soon; I can't compress the video too small or it messes up my transitions. Unfortunately, this makes the video take quite a while to load. (So be patient if you check it out.) Otherwise, everything's cool. The site looks good and I feel good about it.

Ever since I was doing public access television almost 10 years ago (can't believe how the time flies), I wanted to produce a show like this, where I'd cover the NYC arts scene. I did do a poetry show, called WORDS! (this was before Def Poetry), but I couldn't get it past one episode. Thankfully, I discovered videoblogging, as this has allowed me to remain completely independent, with my only limits being what I create. On top of that, I have a global audience. You can't beat that with a stick!

The first episode is just me giving an overview of the show and what I'd like to be doing in the future. I never thought I'd actually find myself in front of the camera, after having been behind it so long, but it's been a good experience. (It's time that I step outside the box anyway.) I might even make other appearances from time to time, but it won't be a regular thing since my focus is on the people and events I'm covering.

Now that the first one's done, I can catch up on my other blogs. (At least until I start shooting the next one.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

WOW!!!! ... That was SOoooo cool, Mel! You looked and sounded fantastic. And I like that Miles Davis in the background. (I think that was Miles, anyway!)

I love the idea. Just hitting the NY creative beat and getting it out there on video. I bet you could really get a whole bunch of different people doing cool stuff on your future posts.

Good luck! Keep doing what you love! :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks for checking out the vlog, Mo. I wasn't the most comfortable in front of the camera, as I'm usually behind it, but it turned out pretty well.

And yes, that was Miles Davis in the background. (How very astute of you.) If you don't have that CD, there's a link to it in the post. Definitely a classic.

I really do have to pace myself. There are so many creative people in NYC I could die of exhaustion trying to keep up with them all.

There should be more vids coming out soon. I know you have a Mac, so you could definitely subscribe to the show in iTunes.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Modigliani said...

Sweeeet! Subscription in iTunes! Wow! I didn't even realize I could do that. How cool are YOU?!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home